Last modified: November 1, 2019
- On this Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- From third-party vendors hosted on this Website to which you choose to provide information.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If you are under the age of 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, and IP address (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as certain survey results you submit to us; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this personal information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details and IP addresses.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted on the Website at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website who may be able to see your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it, for example newsletters.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To post testimonials to our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may also disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Fear Finding Project or others.
Legal Basis for Processing
Special Categories of Personal Information
In addition to the personal information we process as described above, we also process the following special categories of personal information to better understand your life experiences for research purposes:
- Heritage and/or ethnicity
Categories of Recipients of Personal Information
We will share your personal information in the following manner:
- With vendors that we engage to provide services related to the Website, for example, Google Analytics
- To other visitors of the Website, if you choose to provide your personal information
- To governmental bodies as necessary for compliance with law
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You have the right to request access to, rectify, correct, object to, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us or that we otherwise collect, and to request restrictions on our processing activities. You also have the right to data portability. To exercise any of these rights, please e-mail us at email@example.com. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like in your survey responses. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Transfers of Personal Data
Your personal information may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) with your consent. By using this Website and/or providing your personal information, you consent to such transfers. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the EEA, which means that the data protection laws in the United States may not offer you the same protections as countries in the EEA. We endeavor to provide adequate technical and organizational safeguards in order to protect the privacy and security of your personal data. Our shared servers are located in El Segundo, California.
Duration of Storage of Personal Information
We will store your personal information for as long as necessary (i) for the purposes for which it was collected and (ii) to meet our current and future legal obligations.
The controller of your personally information is Northstar, LLC.